Bury beaten by late goal

AN ALL BURY AFFAIR: Action from Bury 3rd XI's 3-0 victory over Bury 4th XI in the Five North East League
AN ALL BURY AFFAIR: Action from Bury 3rd XI's 3-0 victory over Bury 4th XI in the Five North East League
Have your say



Rutland 2 Bury Men’s 1st XI 1

RUTLAND opened the scoring half an hour into the game after a long spell of pressure, against the stretched Bury defence of Tom Rash, Dan Tasker, Whitebottom and Swan.

Bury raised their game just before the break and equalised when captain Steve Jackson tucked home a Nik Ciappi cross

After the break, it was a scrappy end to end affair with neither side taking the advantage until the last four minutes of the game when the home team snatched the lead and victory with a well worked move.



Bury Men’s 2nd XI 7 North Walsham 1

BURY took the lead with Paul Lawrence’s first goal of the game.

Further goals from Ben Gilligan and Nick Soaper, followed by Lawrence’s second, put Bury into a commanding 4-0 lead.

Walsham got on the scoresheet with their only chance of the game.

After half-time, Matt Hulland and Alex McCaffrey set up two goals for Matt Fields.

The rout was finished by captain Lawrence, completing his hat-trick with a deft touch into the bottom corner.



Bury 4th XI 0 Bury 3rd XI 3

THE hosts quickly took control of the game and were only kept at bay by strong defensive play from Sean Milbank, Lewis Dowling, Zak Grayling and Andy Tooke,

Before the break, the visitors made changes, looking to regain the initiative, with Tim Hollins, Jim Armitage, Max Macaulay and Fin Smith holding the midfield and Jonathan Cushing joining the forward line.

However, after the interval and with the game drawing to a close, the 4th’s defence of Eddie Gibson, Les Paul, James Gibson and Finn Sullivan were finally breached as James Cracknell slotted home a pass from Alex Blumfield.

The second was almost identical, this time Macaulay finding the net. And, it was he again that took the final plaudits, dispatching to round off procedings.

Bury Men’s Vets 1 Cambridge City 4

Despite strong defensive work from Watts and Alan Dures, Cambridge opened the scoring, converting a short corner after 20 minutes, before extending the lead before the break.

After the restart, Bury reduced the deficit as Beaney smashed home a Syked shovelled pass

However, the Bury revival only lasted a matter of seconds as a Cambridge breakaway restored the two-goal lead and with time almost up the visitors added a fourth.