Tigers hold off fightback to take thrilling triumph

Have your say



Ipswich Valley Rangers 3 Bury Tigers 5

BURY Tigers won an eight-goal thriller, surviving an Ipswich Valley Rangers fightback.

After a slow start, Tigers took the lead when Danny Lines teed up Harry Hogg, who finished with great precision.

Tigers’ keeper Miles Orlopp made two fine saves to keep his side ahead before Jamie Matthews doubled his side’s from an acute angle.

In the second half, Max Stubbs scored Bury’s thir and fourth goals, with good work from Lines on each occasion.

Rangers grabbed three quick goals to rock the Tigers, but they restored order with a fifth goal when Lines’ perfect throughball found the flying Harvey Dinkele, who coolly slotted home to complete the scoring.


Lakenheath 2 West Wratting 6

LAKENHEATH crashed to a heavy defeat at home to West Wratting, but threatened a fightback at one stage.

The Wratts stormed into a 3-0 lead and would have increased their goal tally but for some great defending from Ben Smith and Conor Gordon.

Lakenheath pulled a goal back just before half time when Samual Carmen coolly headed in from a Coomber corner.

Lakenheath scored their second goal when Carmen volleyed in from 12 yards, and although skipper Ryan Day headed off the line Wratting bagged three more goals to complete the scoring.


Bury Town 3 Ipswich Valley Rangers 3

BURY Town had to settle for a share of the spoils following a topsy-turvy encounter with Ipswich Valley Rangers.

The Blues took the lead midway through the first half when George Sanders played in Tom Manning, who calmly shot past the Rangers keeper.

Rangers hit back to lead 2-1 at the break, but Bury drew level after a neat lay off from Jake Paxton allowed Christopher Cogan to sidefoot in a well-worked equaliser.

Bury fell behind again before Cogan turned provider with a neat cross to an unmarked Elliot Morse, who finished with a simple tap-in.


Brandon Lads 4 Thetford Bulldogs 1

BRANDON Lads stormed to a convincing win over Thetford Bulldogs, immediately putting their visitors under pressure as they set up one attack after another, through Stephen Clarke, Alex Matthews and Callum Horne.

The Bulldogs’ keeper kept Brandon out until the 15-minute-mark when man-of-the-match Clarke met Matthews’ cross to lift it over the advancing custodian.

Bulldogs managed to net an equaliser, but Clarke was fouled in the box and Dawson Davidson confidently hammered the resultant penalty home to make it 2-1 to Brandon at the break.

The Lads scored twice inside the opening 10 minutes of the second half to seal it, when Will Bales’ volleyed his clearance into the path of Horne, who held off three defenders to beat the keeper, before adding a second, firing in from close range after his initial shot was blocked.

Brandon were unable to add to their tally, despite George Pook striking the bar from long range.


Ipswich Valley Rangers Blue 2 Bury Town Dynamos 5

BURY twice fought from a goal down to eventually see off Ipswich Valley Rangers by a comfortable margin.

Although Harry Bentley hit the bar for the Dynamos, Ipswich scored first.

However, after half-time, Edward Shepard netted from captain Ben Morley’s pass.

Ipswich went back in front, but Shepard’s second, from Daniel Ranson’s assist levelled matters up once more and strikes for Tom Booth, Ranson and Renny Walker completed the scoring. Oliver Seaman teed up Ranson’s strike.

Stowupland Falcons 0 Brandon Lasses 3

BRANDON Lasses maintained their unbeaten record and ended the Falcons’ own run of games without defeat.

Hannah Rogers opened the scoring for Brandon with a well-taken goal and increased their lead before half-time with another well-taken goal from Kyra Kooley.

The second half was just as comfortable for Brandon and they added a third goal when Chelsea Page finished well, beating the keeper from close range.


Brandon Ravens 3 Cringleford 4

BRANDON Ravens were edged out in a thrilling encounter with Cringleford, who fought back from 3-0 down.

Josh Payne made excellent saves from two corners and defenders Callum Coates and Jacks Sacks kept Cringleford at bay, allowing the Ravens to go 2-0 up through Alex Clifton — from Max Giles’ throw-in — and Peter Ford.

Great midfield play saw Clifton score his second goal, but Cringleford hit back to make it 3-3, despite the best efforts of Payne.

Archie Ramshaw and Coates kept Cringleford from scoring, while Giles hit the bar from Ford’s cross, but Cringleford snatched victory in the dying minutes.

Moreton Hall Gunners 2 Ipswich Valley Rangers 1

THE Gunners kept up the pressure on the league leaders with a fine win.

With Amin Muhammad making great runs, Moreton Hall’s pressure soon provided a goal.

A flowing move down the left, involving Bailey Goodwin playing the ball out of defence into midfield, resulted in the ball being whipped into the penalty area and Josh Kelly made a smart turn and shot low into the corner.

Ipswich hit back to level, but the Gunners reacted well and, just before half time, Haadi Shah fired in from a wide position.

Depsite the best efforts of Muhammad, Kelly, Max Darnell and Foreman, the Gunners could not add to the scoreline.