WE HAVE been closed owing to Strada’s fire, so it is time to name names:
1) Simon Blowes and his area director who arranged, at extremely short notice, a market stall so that we could continue trading;
2) Oddfellows Hall. Mr House lent us tables for the aforementioned market stall;
3) Café Rouge, who supplied us (and many others) with drinks and accommodation during our daily ‘fire meetings’ entirely free of charge;
4) Our customers – too numerous to mention but so supportive and sympathetic, it brings a tear to the eye;
5) Our insurers, the NFU, who are dealing with our claim for ‘interrupted trading’ with courtesy, calmness and reassuring efficiency;
6) Our staff, who were willing to everything and anything to keep the business afloat;
and lastly but certainly not least,
7) The quite extraordinary ladies and gentlemen of the fire services, support groups and police who have managed the whole distressing event with professionalism and a degree of courtesy which deserve the highest praise.
Thank you all.
Trevor and Margaret Barrett,
Health Foods and Herbs,
Bury St Edmunds.