Coronavirus: Which Suffolk schools and nurseries are closed today
Several schools and nurseries across Suffolk have announced closures or partial closures following the coronavirus outbreak.
Although the Government has not ordered schools to close, some are having to for safety and staffing reasons.
Yesterday, the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Academies Trust (SENDAT) announced its schools would close. Click here for more details.
- Ranelagh Primary School - The school is open as normal for pupils in Years 1 to 6, however, it will be closed to Nursery and Reception children until Friday, March 27.
- Samuel Ward Academy in Haverhill will be closed to the majority of students from today (March 18) until at least the end of this week.
- Due to a staffing shortage, Clements Primary Academy in Haverhill is closed today and tomorrow (March 18 and 19).
- The Bridge School in Ipswich has confirmed that they will be closing at the end of today (March 18). The school’s closure is entirely due to advice around vulnerable groups issued by the Government which now includes those with a learning disability.
- At Abbots Green Academy in Bury St Edmunds, today (March 18) and tomorrow (March 19), the school will only be open for Nursery age and Years 3-6. The school has sent home ‘learning packs’ with Reception, Year 1 and 2 children. This is to ensure that short term, children have learning that they access from home. Abbots Green will look to have further learning available online should this be needed. If parents have to make arrangements for the whole week, all absence will be authorised, as well as the absence of siblings in any year group.
- Due to staffing difficulties, Felixstowe Academy will will close on a half day at lunchtime today (March 18) for all year groups.
- Place Farm Primary Academy in Haverhill will be partially closing today (March 18). The school will be open for Years 1-6, but not opening their Early Years classes.
- Stradbroke High School - The school will be partially closed from today (March 18) to Friday, March 20 and will only be open to pupils in Years 7 & 11.
- Warren School - The school will be closed from today (March 18) until the Easter holidays.
- Hillside Special School - The school will be open today (March 18), however the school are going to be closed on Thursday, March 19.
- Chalk Hill (formerly Hampden House PRU) - The school will be closed today (March 18) until further notice.
- Stone Lodge Academy - The school will be closed today (March 18) until further notice.
- Priory School - The school will be closed today (March 18) until further notice.
- Westwood Primary School - The school will be closed from today (March 18) until after the Easter holidays due to staffing shortages.
- Bucklesham Primary School - Closed today (March 18) for a deep clean. The school is expected to reopen on Thursday, March 19.
- Riverwalk School - Closed until Easter.
- Westgate CP School - The main school is open, however the nursery will be closed until Friday, March 20 due to staffing issues.
- SET Saxmundham School - Closed today (March 18) until Easter.
More by this authorPaul Derrick