UPDATE: Fire leaves couple's home devastated
A large house fire which broke out in a Stowmarket house has left a couple's home devastated.
Ten fire engines were called to the scene to battle the fire which is said to have broke out in the loft of a two storey property in Beech Terrace off Bury Road.
UK Power Networks were also in attendance tackling the fire in the roof space to avoid it spreading any further and to try and save what was left of inside.
The fire is now under control.
Denver Buckle, who lives in the house said he was about to take a shower when he noticed smoke outside.
The fire has devastated one half of the house, in particular a spare bedroom, with most of the right side of the roof destroyed and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.
UK Power Networks had to smash the roof tiles in order to extinguish the flames.
It took around two hours for the fire service to get the fire under control.
Mr Buckle said: "I have nothing but praise for the fire service, they were very professional and communicated with us, they asked about the power. They worked brilliantly together.
"These things happen. It is just smoke damage at least it hasn't burnt down. Although we had just decorated this room."
No one was hurt in the blaze and the ambulance service did not attend the scene.
Paul Finch, Stowmarket watch commander led teams from from Princes Street, Saxmundham, Debenham, Needham Market, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell and Ixworth to tackle the blaze after the call was made at 4.30pm.