Thetford murder investigation continues as 13th person is bailed
A 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a 25 year-old in Thetford, on October 3, has been released on bail.
The murder investigation into the death of David Lawal that happened in Brandon Road is still ongoing.
The teenager was arrested in London on Wednesday evening (October 30) and brought to Norfolk for questioning.
The suspect was released on bail pending further enquiries by Norfolk Police.
In total, 13 people have now been arrested in connection with the incident-
- Two men, aged 26 and 29, were arrested within days of the murder, but were released released under investigation.
- A 17-year-old male was arrested also arrested at the same time but was bailed until October 30, then re-bailed until November 12.
- A fourth man, aged 48, was arrested in connection with the incident, on suspicion of possessing a bladed article and Class A drugs, but was released under investigation on Saturday, October 5.
- A man, in his 60s, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, on October 8, was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but later released under investigation.
- A sixth man, in his 60s, was arrested at a property in Thetford on October 11, on suspicion of assisting an offender. He has since been released with no further action to be taken.
- A 33-year-old man from Ilford in Essex was arrested in a Haverhill property and a 22-year-old man from the town was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, both were released under investigation.
- A 23 year old from Haverhill and 42 year old from Norwich were arrested on October 17 and questioned at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, both were also released under investigation while enquiries continue.
- A 25-year-old woman from Thetford was the 11th person arrested in connection with the murder, she was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender on October 19, but she has since been released under investigation.
- A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder in London, on October 24, after being brought to Norfolk for questioning he was released on bail until Tuesday, November 12.
- The 16-year-old was arrested on October 30, but released on bail.
Police are keen to hear from anyone with information concerning the incident.
If you have any information that could help the investigation, contact the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team on 101 quoting Operation Petersfield, or you can also share information online by clicking here.
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or online at www.crimestoppers.co.uk