Home   News   Article

Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds cancels all spring 2020 shows




The Theatre Royal in Bury St Edmunds has announced it is cancelling all shows included in the spring 2020 season.

It originally planned to close up until April 25 following Government advice last week, but has now decided to stay closed until a later date, although it still plans on putting on its annual pantomime, scheduled to open on Friday, November 27.

It is asking customers who have bookings for affected shows to be patient and wait to be contacted, and where possible, to refrain from calling in.

The theatre said the donations were invaluable to them as an independent charity to help ensure they can continue to bring Arts, Culture and
Entertainment to members of the public.
The theatre said the donations were invaluable to them as an independent charity to help ensure they can continue to bring Arts, Culture and Entertainment to members of the public.

In a statement the theatre said: "We have been overwhelmed in the last few days by the number of customers who have kindly donated part or all of the value of their tickets back to us rather than taking a refund.

"We could never have anticipated this level of generosity and the outpouring of support for our beautiful theatre.

"We would like to thank all our customers for their understanding and compassion.

"As an independent charity this is invaluable to us and will help to ensure that we will be able to continue to bring Arts, Culture and Entertainment to you in the future."

Read more: Coronavirus: everything you need to know about jobs, sick pay, working from home, benefits, mortgage payments and rent costs


More by this author


This website and its associated newspaper are members of the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More