Police release three men arrested after gunpoint robbery at Bury St Edmunds jewellers
Three men arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a Bury St Edmunds jewellers last year, in which more than £100,000 worth of high-value watches were stolen, have been told they will face no further action.
They were arrested three days after the robbery at Preston & Duckworth, on Cornhill, which took place at around 4.50pm on November 4.
Following a police operation in Kings Lynn the men, aged 23, 24 and 31 at the time, were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to commit armed robbery.
They were interviewed at the town’s police investigation centre before being released on bail.
Having answered their bail last week, they have been told they will not be charged in connection with the incident.
A Suffolk Police spokeswoman said: “Although no further action is being taken against these three men, our enquiries are still ongoing.”
During the incident, two robbers threatened staff and customers with what is believed to be a black handgun before making off with more than 20 high-value watches.
One of the men ran in front of a car in Whiting Street at around 5pm, and the other is believed to have run past a group of people in the same street at around the same time.
One man is described as being about 6ft tall with a tanned complexion, of stocky build and with a black beard. He is described as wearing a dark woollen or beanie hat and dark clothing.
The other man is described as being white, approximately 6ft tall, around 30 to 40-years-old, and of stocky build.
He is described as wearing a black baseball cap, black trousers with a white line down them, and a dark, hooded waterproof jacket.
Anyone with informaton is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting BU/14/3256.