Home   News   Article

Man who bought pills online died from multi drug overdose




Latest Stowmarket news from the Bury Free Press
Latest Stowmarket news from the Bury Free Press

A man died at his home in Stowmarket as a result of a multi drug overdose, an inquest has concluded.

Joe Reynolds, 24, had purchased pills online to take in addition to those he had been prescribed, the hearing in Bury St Edmunds was told on Monday.

Mr Reynolds, who was unemployed, died at his home in Takers Lane on February 6.

He had been receiving help for mental health and behavioural problems which doctors believed to have been linked to him contracting viral encephalitis in October 2012, said Deputy Suffolk Coroner Dr Daniel Sharpstone.

Since his illness Mr Reynolds had required help with many everyday tasks and, despite being prescribed medicines, had, on occasions, turned to the internet to buy other tablets which he took in the hope of helping himself.

Dr Sharpstone recorded a conclusion of death due to multi drug overdose.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More