Man treated for breathing in smoke after fire in bedroom at Red Lodge house
A man was treated for breathing in smoke after a house fire in Red Lodge in the early hours of this morning.
Two fire engines from Mildenhall and Newmarket rushed to the incident, in Marigold Drive, after receiving a call at 1.06am.
When they arrived crews called for an ambulance for a man who was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.
Oxygen therpay was given to the casualty as crews dealt with the fire in a first floor bedroom.
Two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and covering jet were used to extinguish the flames.
The incident was under control by 1.43am.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “A paramedic in a rapid response vehicle attended to a man in his 20s who had smoke inhalation.
“He was assessed at the scene, but did not require transport to hospital or further treatment.”