Man died of morphine overdose

Have your say

A coroner has given an open verdict into the death of a 39-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds.

Simon Stiff was discovered by police officers slumped in the kitchen of his home on Tavern Street on March 15.

Coroner Peter Dean said pathologist Dr Iwona Kaminska deemed the cause of death to be an overdose of morphine.

Mr Stiff had a previous addiction to heroin but was discharged from the Suffolk Recovery Service in June 2012.

Dr Dean said as there were questions over the circumstances in which Mr Stiff took the opiates, including that he may have been suffering with severe toothache and headaches, he had to give an open verdict on his death.