Man died a month after taking overdose
A man found collapsed at home after an overdose, died in hospital a month later, an inquest has been told.
David Norman, 89, was found at his home in Autumn Close, Thetford, on March 22.
The inquest at Bury St Edmunds today heard how Mr Norman had suffered a brain injury after falling to the floor and was in a comatose condition until his death.
Tests showed potentially fatal quantities of sleeping tablets and a painkiller in his blood and Deputy Suffolk Coroner Yvonne Blake said a note to his family was found.
She recorded Mr Norman took his life when the balance of his mind was disturbed.