Man charged in connection with shooting in Bury St Edmunds is denied bail
A man charged in connection with a shooting in Bury St Edmunds has been refused bail.
Paul Baker, 34, is the fifth person to be charged in connection with the incident.
Today Baker, of Neils View, Maiden Newton, Dorchester, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court for a preliminary hearing.
He is charged with conspiracy to murder.
Following an application by Baker’s legal team, Judge David Goodin refused to grant him bail and said he would continue to be remanded in custody until his next court appearance.
Judge Goodin said a plea and case management hearing for Baker would take place on October 30.
Police were called to an address in Forum Court, Bury St Edmunds, on the evening of August 4 following reports that a man had been shot in the stomach.
Jonathan Catchpole, who is in his 30s, was successfully treated at hospital for his injuries.