Home   News   Article

House fire in Lavenham after water leak




Latest news from the Bury Free Press
Latest news from the Bury Free Press

Firefighters were called to a fire in a house in Lavenham this morning after water leaked onto electrical wiring.

Crews from Long Melford and Sudbury attended the incident in the High Street and power company UK Power Networks also attended.

Fire services were called after smoke was seen coming from the property at around 7.45am.

Crews stopped the leak and used two dry powder fire extinguishers to put out the small fire which had broken out when water from the loft leaked onto the main electrical intake.

The officer in charge of the incident requested the attendance of UK Power Networks to isolate the electricity supply to the building.

A futher fire appliance from Bury St Edmunds fire station was also called out as extra dry powder extinguishers were needed.

The stop message was received at 10:14am.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More