Bury St Edmunds firm Glasswells celebrates 20 years at its Moreton Hall storage and distribution depot
Glasswells is celebrating its 20th anniversary of providing storage and distribution from its Moreton Hall depot.
The family run home furnishing business also operates a storage and distribution service and marked the anniversary with an open day.
The business opened its first furniture shop in Bury St Edmunds in 1946 and this expanded rapidly across the county.
It opened the purpose built Moreton Hall premises in 1999 as it had outgrown its original warehouse built in 1958 to handle removals, distribution and storage.
The extra space enabled Glasswells to let out third party storage space for businesses and over the last 20 years this has gone from strength to strength.
Further investment in 2015 added an extension and new mezzanine archive facility creating warehousing of 80,000 sq ft.
Paul Glasswell, managing director, said: "While we needed somewhere bigger to store our own stock and customer orders, we took the decision to build a warehouse that was much larger than our own needs so that we could rent some of this extra space out to third parties.
"We were already experts as handling and distributing goods across the country, so it seemed an obvious next step to take. It is an affordable option for businesses with restricted space at their own premises or complicated distribution channels. Our brilliant team provides a bespoke service, working with our clients as though they were a part of their business."
The commercial storage facility offers a wide range of storage with the latest racking systems and specialist fork lift trucks.
Businesses can manage the movement of goods themselves or use Glasswells' dedicated team.
More by this authorLesley Anslow