Gas leak closes school

Have your say

A BURY St Edmunds school was forced to close this week after a gas leak was discovered in its boiler room.

The discovery was made at Hardwick Middle School late on Wednesday afternoon, after the bell had rung to tell students it was time to go home.

Workers from Inviron, a company contracted by Suffolk County Council to carry out maintenance work in schools, were already on site. The leak was reported to them and the gas was turned off quickly.

The school was closed all of yesterday while work to repair the leak continued.