Five men have appeared in court to deny their involvement in a shooting in Bury St Edmunds.
At Ipswich Crown Court today (Friday, November 6) each of the men pleaded not guilty to a charge of conspiracy to murder.
The men are Colin Deferia, 59, of Battisford Road, Barking, Suffolk; Simon Webber, 31, of Sydenham Close, Bridgewater; Frank Warren, 51, of Victoria Road, Dorchester; Andrew Seaton, 39, of Frome View, Maiden Newton, near Dorchester, and Paul Baker, 34, of Neils View, Maiden Newton.
With the exception of Warren, all the accused appeared via video links from the prisons where they are being held on remand.
All were charged by Suffolk detectives investigating the shooting of Jonathan Catchpole in Bury.
Police had responded to reports that a man had been shot in the stomach at Forum Court on the night of August 4.
Judge John Devaux told the five defendants that a date for their trial, expected to last for up to five weeks, had not yet been decided but would be held in the early part of next year.
He said all five would remain remanded in custody until the start of the trial.