Home   News   Article

New headquarters for CLASS UK and MANNS of Saxham in first phase of multi-million pound redevelopment




Staff at an agricultural machinery manufacturer and its dealership have moved into new eye-catching headquarters.

It follows the completion of the first phase in a multi-million pound redevelopment of the CLAAS UK and MANNS of Saxham site, off the A14 in Little Saxham near Bury St Edmunds.

A central feature of the building is a Technoparc machinery showroom for the MANNS dealership as well as a 10-bay workshop and office space.

CLAAS UK staff at their new headquarters. Picture: Richard Marsham.
CLAAS UK staff at their new headquarters. Picture: Richard Marsham.

Trevor Tyrrell, CEO of CLAAS UK, said: “This new development shows the confidence and commitment of both the CLAAS Group and the Claas family to CLAAS in the UK, and also to West Suffolk where we are now one of the largest employers.

“The design gives us a building that is fit for the 21st century.

“It will improve the customer experience for MANNS and for visitors to CLAAS UK, plus it will also enable us to provide a superb working environment for our employees.”

Designed by architects Barber Casanovas Ruffles, of Cambridge, the building uses renewable energy from solar panels and the Symonds Farm Anaerobic Digestion Plant.

This new development shows the confidence and commitment of both the CLAAS Group and the Claas family to CLAAS in the UK - Trevor Tyrrell

There are two further phases planned to provide more offices, an additional showroom and a parts storage and distribution centre.

A building was completed 18 months ago on the site for the CLAAS Academy training centre, which provides more than 4,000 training days for dealer personnel and customers.

Based in West Germany, the CLAAS Group was founded more than 100 years ago and is still owned by the Claas family.

Its link to Saxham dates back to the 1930’s when farmer Bill Mann started importing CLAAS combines from Germany.

The MAANS company moved to the site at Saxham during the 1950’s.

Its headquarters was constructed in the 1960’s and has been extended piecemeal.

Mr Tyrrell added: “When the current building was constructed, they would never have imagined that 50 years later we would now have over 100 people working on site and that as the headquarters for CLAAS UK, it would be providing sales, service, parts and training support to dealerships throughout the UK and Ireland, in addition to receiving visitors from around the world.”

Globally, the Group operates 14 manufacturing plants and employs more than 11,300 people.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More