Home   News   Article

Fire at Wagamama in Bury




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Fire crews have been called to Wagamama in Bury St Edmunds after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines from the town arrived at the eatery in the ARC shopping centre shortly after 10am on Sunday.

The blaze, which took place in a deep fat fryer, was put out using a dry powder extinguisher and a fire blanket by 10.40am.

A spokeswoman for the eatery said: “Wagamama closed briefly on Sunday following a minor fire in the kitchen. The fire was put out effectively and the restaurant reopened to customers the following day.

“Wagamama at Bury St Edmunds operates high safety standards, and customer and staff wellbeing continues to be a main priority across all of our restaurants.”



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More