Early morning cooking leads to house fire in Beck Row: firefighters also called to Culford

Have your say

Firefighters have been called to two house fires this morning.

The first was in Dairy Drive, Beck Row, shortly before 4am where an automatic smoke alarm went off after someone left food cooking unattended.

One crew from Mildenhall arrived to find the property smoke logged. They ventilated the property.

A man was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds after suffering the effects of inhaling smoke.

Then less than a hour later at 4.39am, two fire engines from Bury St Edmunds were sent to a house fire in The Street, Culford.

They arrived to find a small electrical fire in the bathroom.

They ventilated the property while a woman was treated for the effects of smoke and was left in the care of paramedics.

A spokesman for the ambulance service said the woman did not require any treatment.