Charges against man accused of involvement in Drinkstone kidnapping are dropped
Charges against a man who was accused of involvement in a kidnapping at Drinkstone more than six years ago have been dropped.
Zebediah Rose, 26, who is from Croydon, was at Ipswich Crown Court today (Wednesday) to hear the Crown Prosecution Service offer no evidence against him.
Rose had pleaded not guilty at an earlier hearing to charges of kidnap, blackmail and false imprisonment.
Judge David Goodin formally recorded not guilty verdicts on all three charges and told Rose that he was now discharged and free to leave the court.
He had been charged in September last year after answering police bail at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
It followed an incident in September 2009 in which a man in his 30s reported to police that he had been forced to get into a car after being threatened by four men at a property in Drinkstone and then been driven to London.
The man said he had been held against his will at a flat in London but was able to escape early the next day.
In July 2010 two men were jailed for a total of 14 years at Ipswich Crown Court for their roles in the kidnapping incident.