Car parking review for West Suffolk to be launched
A review of car parking in West Suffolk is due to be launched.
It will include all car parks that are owned and managed by West Suffolk Council as well as on-street parking as the authority is due to take responsibility for civil parking enforcement.
The council’s overview and scrutiny committee is being asked to commission the review when it meets on Thursday, July 11.
The aims include to:
- Evaluate the performance of the parking service across all locations including usage, condition of the car parks, quality of service delivery and enforcement.
- Align parking plans with on-street provision.
- Consider the changes arising from civil parking enforcement.
- Look at current levels of occupancy, future capacity projections and any interventions that may be needed now and over the long term.
- Assess park and walk and the flexible payment system being trialled at St Andrew’s Short Stay.
- Review car park charges for the period of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, backed by consultation
- Identify service improvement and efficiencies.
A group will be set up to oversee the review which will report back with its findings and recommendations to the overview and scrutiny committee on November 14.
The authority’s predecessors St Edmundsbury Borough and Forest Heath District Councils last completed parking reviews in 2015.