Bury St Edmunds road to be closed for seven evenings
Western Way in Bury St Edmunds is set to be closed every evening for one week to allow resurfacing.
Suffolk County Council has confirmed the closure of the road, which connects Newmarket Road with Beetons Way - which links to Abbeycroft Leisure centre and West Suffolk Council offices.
It will be closed from 7pm to 5am, from Friday, May 24 to Friday, May 31.
The full length of the road will be affected by the closure.
The county council has given the following diversion route for the Newmarket Road to Beetons Way link. It takes around ten minutes in normal traffic.
- Head south-east on Newmarket Road/A1302 towards Robinson Close
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Parkway/A1302
- Go through two roundabouts
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Northgate Street/A1101
- Continue to follow A1101
- Turn left onto Tollgate Lane
- Continue onto Beetons Way
- NB. This story originally suggested the closure would also be during the day, which has been found to not be correct. It has been changed accordingly.