Grand Slam-winning five will return, but Blackbird and Heeps exit the Tigers
The Mildenhall Fen Tigers are set to re-sign five of their 2012 Grand Slam-winning side for next year.
Brandon-based Stefan Nielsen will be the West Row-based outfit’s number one, with fellow Suffolk youngster Joe Jacobs also returning, along with Danny Halsey, Josh Bates and Nathan Stoneman.
After a year away from Mildenhall, Aaron Baseby is also ready to ride for the Tigers again, but captain Lewis Blackbird and former number one Cameron Heeps will not.
“It’s very important for us to have Suffolk lads leading the team,” said Mildenhall co-promoter Michael Lee.
With six riders signed up quickly, Hall will take their time to assess their options before confirming who will partner Stoneman at reserve.
Blackbird has moved to rivals Dudley, while Heeps cannot return because his Premier League average is too high.
“I feel he lost his way a bit,” said Lee of the teenage Aussie.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east