RAF test for Bury ahead of title crunch
Bury St Edmunds’ rugby side will take on the full RAF team on Tuesday (7.30pm) ahead of Saturday’s huge London One North encounter with Eton Manor.
With such a big game on the horizon, Bury will not play their full side, but director of rugby Terry Sands has taken the opportunity to invite talented players from the likes of Northampton Saints, Cambridge and Bedford to take part in the encounter as well.
The RAF are using the match as part of their build-up to the forthcoming Inter Services tournament.
Ipswich withdrew from their Suffolk Cup semi-final with Bury, leaving the undefeated London One North outfit without a fixture at the weekend, so they travelled to watch the National League encounter between Hertford and Old Elthamians to get a taste of what the next level of rugby would be like if they achieve promotion this season.
Full match preview of Bury v Eton Manor in Friday’s Free Press.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west