Players qualify for refereeing awards
Three young players from Bury St Edmunds have qualified for a Young Officials award for refereeing.
Louis Hicks, Ewan Evans and Michael Kimwele took the opportunity to develop their leadership skills at a training and volunteering camp run by Eastern Counties Rugby Union at Bury St Edmunds RFC.
The players, aged between 15 and 19, attended the one-day camp run by staff from the RFU and led by new rugby development officer Dave Broadwell, all of them qualifying for the award following practical sessions and a written exam.
Following the camp, Eastern Counties hope the young leaders will go on to join their county team and lead volunteer rugby projects and activities at their local clubs, schools, colleges or universities. Further training will also be offered.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North