Stowmarket Under-16s lose out in final
Having won the Western Area tournament in December, Stowmarket High School under-16 girls’ badminton team went to Suffolk One to represent the Western Area in the county final.
The team were a year younger than the vast majority of the other teams but, despite this, the girls won their group, finishing above Northgate, County Upper and Bungay.
This resulted in progression to the final where they lost out to Sir John Leman.
This was a great achievement for the girls, who will all still be eligible for this competition next year, and will be hoping to go one better.
PE teacher Tom West said: “I am delighted with the performance of our team, they played out of their skins.
“Coming in as runners-up will give them a huge boost for this competition next year.”
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North