Pryke gets presidency
At the Suffolk County Federation Bowls Association annual meeting, held at Earl Stonham, Stowupland Bowls Club’s Malcolm Pryke was elected president for 2012-13.
Pryke is well known throughout the county, but locally he is known as Dear Boy.
He started bowling in 1966 as a member of Electric Sports Bowls Club, followed by Earl Stonham Bowls Club.
In 1975 he joined Stowupland where he is still a member — now a life member.
To become president of the Suffolk County Federation Bowls Association is an honour Pryke fully deserves, for his dedication and commitment to bowls, both on and off the bowls greens throughout the county.
The other main officers elected were, president elect Fred Coleman, junior deputy president David Schofield, chairman Gordon Turnbull, vice chairman Peter Gorham, secretary Paul Staff, treasurer Calvin Kemp, county match secretary Barrie Davies.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west