Paralympian Fran helps to give pupils a boost
Hardwick Middle School Sports College were treated to a special visit from Paralympian Fran Williamson.
Swimmer Williamson, who won silver in Bejing and holds 14 British records, came to speak to a group of boys who are on a course, which is called Living for Sport.
The course aims to give keen sportsmen a vital boost in their other subjects around the school.
Director of specialism Ben Jeffery said: “Fran was inspirational, she told the boys her life story and showed how hard work and determination can help the boys succeed in the future.
“I am sure they will remember this day for a long while to come.”
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Council chief to be guest speaker at Bury St Edmunds Chamber of Commerce annual meeting
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: South west