Oscar in national top 10
TWELVE-YEAR-OLD Oscar Cutting has become one of the top 10 tennis players in the UK for his age group.
The former Elmsett Primary School pupil reached the semi-finals of the 12-and-under National Championships at the West Hants Club, Bournemouth, the largest event in the calendar for young players, securing a top 10 ranking in the process.
The youngster, who is now a tennis scholar at Culford School, near Bury St Edmunds, beat the number 11 and three seeds to secure a semi-final place.
In a close match he was beaten 7-5, 7-5 by Josh Wilson from Surrey.
Head of performance at Culford School, Marc Powell, said: “I am delighted for Oscar. It was fantastic to see all his hard work paying off at the most prestigious event of the year.
“His fighting spirit and determination was a credit to himself and to Culford.”
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- BNI aims for £1 million business growth following launch in Bury St Edmunds
- Priory School gets gold star marking
- Police call for compensation claim not to detract from officers’ ‘hard work’
- Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner sets out priorities for local policing
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west