London 2012: Rwanda’s campaign begins
YANNICK Fred Sekamana’s Olympic dreams lasted just 54 seconds as he crashed out of the men’s under-73kg judo competition.
The first Rwandan into action after their training camp in Bury St Edmunds, Sekamana was forced to submit to Brazil’s Bruno Mendonca.
Jackson Niyomugabo will be next of Rwanda’s seven competitors on Thursday (10am) in the men’s swimming 50m freestyle heats.
More in Friday’s Free Press — follow @BishDerek and @russclaydon on Twitter.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west