Darren comes up trumps
THE fish are at last feeding again at Blackdyke Trout Fishery. Best flies have been small damsels, buzzers and small dries.
Darren Trumper had a good day despite the wind on Friday, with 12 fish to the boat and a nice rainbow of 12lb 1oz that was returned and entered into the Trout Masters competition – all caught on a blue flash damsel.
Terry Baker and Paul Smith had a fine day on Saturday, both catching and releasing a dozen fish apiece.
For information, telephone the lodge on 07525 730447.
THE fish are still up near the top and are well spread in both lakes at Larkwood.
The best fish last week went to visiting angler Matt Davies, a 13lb 8oz rainbow taken on a damsel.
The best flies have been bloodworm and cats whisker, pulled fast just below the surface.
There were also 20 rainbows caught in the 3-4lb bracket.
West Stow Lake is slightly coloured, but Glebe Lake remains clear.
Bookings are being taken for October tuition, telephone 07776 370348 for details.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west