Bowen on form at Davy Down meet
Mike Bowen was on top form for the West Suffolk Wheelers and Triathlon Club at the Eastern League Cyclo Cross meeting last weekend, claiming victory in the Vets race.
On a short and technical course at Davy Down, Thurrock, Mike stayed with the leading group in the early stages before opening up a 20 second lead that he held on to for victory.
Meanwhile, Barry Denny and Adi Grimwood finished 42nd and 45th respectively.
There were strong performances in the youth races where in the Under-12s Fraser Elsworth claimed a creditable seventh place with Sam Asker two places behind in ninth. Matt Whitwell and Oliver Griggs were sixth and eighth respectively in the Under-10s.
Former Juvenile Champion, Alan Trolove, took a week off from his winter endurance training to return to cyclo cross but found going tough and had to settle for a middle placing in the senior race.
On Sunday, the club will be competing at the demanding woodland course at Mistley.
- Fire crews extinguish trees on fire in Red Lodge
- BNI aims for £1 million business growth following launch in Bury St Edmunds
- Priory School gets gold star marking
- Police call for compensation claim not to detract from officers’ ‘hard work’
- Suffolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner sets out priorities for local policing
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west