Rain stays away for students’ club visit
STOWMARKET Golf Club was delighted to host a visit from the coaches and students of the newly opened Lee Westwood Golf School, on a rare rain free day.
The Lee Westwood Golf School is based at Stoke-by-Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, near Colchester, who were selected as the second venue to be opened in the UK.
The School offers a two-year education and golf programme to develop talented young golfers aged 13 and over (GCSE) and 16 and over (Level 3 extended BTEC).
It also provides a number of experiences and pathways to a wide range of career opportunities and has enjoyed success, winning the British Schools and Colleges National Championship this year.
Simon Dainty, PGA coach to the school, is pictured with the students, who all play to single figure handicaps, remarked that Stowmarket’s golf course was in excellent condition and presented a good challenge to his students.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North