Wilkins left far from impressed in defeat
Bury Town manager Richard Wilkins was left far from impressed with his squad after they were beaten 1-0 at home by Harrow Borough on Saturday.
In front of a crowd of more than 500 at Ram Meadow, Nicolai Tararov struck the decisive blow after 11 minutes, to gift the visitors all three points.
Meanwhile, a goalless draw at home to Waltham Abbey extended Needham Market’s winless to seven games.
Sam Newson was handed the best chance to end the sequence with a 43rd minute penalty, but saw tame spot kick saved by Jake Whincup, as the sides settled for a share of the spoils.
In the rugby, Bury St Edmunds were given their first real scare of defeat, but responded from being 15-3 down, to maintain their perfect start to the campaign in London One North, with a 29-15 victory away at Old Haberdashers.
- New mayor drives through Tesco’s doors
- Leading role given to ‘trailblazing’ schools
- Old friends form new group with man who toured in hit band
- World’s first professor of networking to speak at West Suffolk College business breakfast
- Future of HMV in Bury St Edmunds is secured after business is sold by administrators
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 8 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: South west