Connor Hall has confirmed on social media site Twitter he will re-sign for Bury Town tonight.
The versatile left-footed player received a setback this week when Cambridge United told him they would not take him on after the youngster’s injury problems.
United — who have just been promoted back into the Football League — agreed to sign Hall towards the end of the 2012/13 season, but serious hip injuries have kept him sidelined since then.
And Hall is ready to return to Bury, despite the departure of manager Richard Wilkins.
“It’s going to be hard to get a club for pre-season because I haven’t played for a year,” said Hall, who can play in defence or midfield.
He added: “I need to get back playing football somewhere I can enjoy playing football and everyone knows how I feel about Bury — that’s the place I want to be to get my football back on track.”
Full story in Friday’s Free Press and the latest news from the Blues online at www.buryfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/bury-town