Richard Logan changes mind about Bury Town move
Bury Town will not be signing former Wycombe Wanderers and Exeter City striker Richard Logan after a last-minute change of heart from the 30-year-old.
The Blues were set to capture the Suffolk-based forward after his departure from Wycombe at the end of last week, but he is now set to sign for Blue Square Bet South outfit Dorchester Town after an improved offer from the Dorset club.
Chairman Russell Ward had agreed a deal with Logan and he was set to be named in Bury’s squad at Witham Town tomorrow (7.45pm), but instead looks to be off to Dorchester, who dumped Bury out of the FA Cup in the final qualifying round before going on to beat League Two club Plymouth Argyle in the first round in front of the ESPN TV cameras.
Ward said: “Obviously after speaking to him I believed we had an agreement, so I’m a bit disappointed it’s not going to happen.”
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- PCSO in Bury St Edmunds is found dead
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east