Ipswich Town names strong squad to face Walsham-le-Willows tonight
Ipswich Town have named a host of first team squad players including striker Michael Chopra and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas to travel to Summer Road in the Suffolk Premier Cup tonight (Tuesday, 7.45pm), while we understand new manager Mick McCarthy will also take in the game.
It will be the first game Championship club Ipswich have played in the Suffolk FA competition, which ends in a showpiece final at Portman Road, in two years after Roy Keane withdrew the side from the competition.
Ipswich’s first-choice goalkeeper until Stephen Henderson was brought in on loan from West Ham United, Scott Loach, is one of a number of recognisable names from the first team squad named to face Paul Smith’s Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side, who are currently sixth in the table after a good run of form.
Former Arsenal winger Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Ipswich youngsters Luke Hyam, Josh Carson, Elliot Hewitt and veteran strikers Jason Scotland and Nathan Ellington are also included.
Ipswich squad in full: Ainsley, Chopra, Drury, Ellington, Emmanuel-Thomas, Hewitt, Hyam, Lawrence, Lee-Barrett, Loach, Mohsni, Murray, October, Scotland, Thorsteinsson, Whight.
* For live match updates tonight, follow @BishDerek on Twitter.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east