Dent snaps up British title glory
Richard Dent hit the heights to claim the British KiteBuggy Freestyle British Championship.
Dent has been a member of Suffolk Kite Flyers Club, based at Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds, for 10 years.
“I snapped my harness on the first jump in practice,” said Dent. “Luckily, an overnight delivery on a new harness and on a borrowed HQ Montana 14m kite for the real light winds, I bagged a Kiteloop Wheelie in the qualifiers, taking me through to the finals.”
Although the winds died off and the final had to be cancelled, an equal first position on the day gave Dent the British title.
- Vision reveals fresh detail on plans to develop town
- Leaping Hare in Stanton is named Good Food Guide’s readers’ regional restaurant of the year
- Text message reveals relationship with 15-year-old
- Manufacturing firm near Bury St Edmunds which rose to become largest of its kind in UK targets Europe at World showcase
- New chief operating officer appointed at NHS foundation trust
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Bury St Edmunds
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North east