Bury St Edmunds Cricket Club are planning a day to remember as they prepare to mark the end of an era at their Victory Ground home.
The pavilion, which has stood in the ground at the club since its opening in 1921, is to close next month.
And to mark the momentous occasion, Bury are hoping to reunite as many former members as possible to celebrate the historic day on Sunday, September 15.
The Victory Ground in Nowton Road was originally purchased by brewers Greene King Ltd as a memorial ground following the First World War.
Since the Westgate Brewery XI and Bury St Edmunds CC amalgamated in 1976, the club has played on the ground and been a dominant force in Suffolk cricket.
The ground has regularly hosted Suffolk county matches and the old pavilion has been used to change in by a host of international stars.
Over the years these have included former England skippers Mike Gatting, Graham Gooch and Nasser Hussain, current captain Alastair Cook, West Indians Clive Lloyd and Curtly Ambrose and Australian Michael Hussey among others.
The club is organising matches involving current and past Bury players to celebrate the last time the pavilion will be used, before staging a closing ceremony.
Details of the day’s activities will be announced once they have been confirmed.
“The pavilion has been a focal part of the sporting scene in the town for almost 100 years,” said club chairman Paul Whittaker.
“We felt it was appropriate to mark this occasion by getting as many past players and people connected with the club together for its final fling before closing.”
The long-standing pavilion is being replaced by a new pavilion and sports hall, which are currently being built on the ground at a cost of £2.1m and are expected to be completed later this year in November.