A woman who died following a flat fire in Langton Place, Bury St Edmunds on Monday night has been named by police as Katherine Mary Douglas, aged 55.
Fire and ambulance crews were called to the fire in a second floor flat at about 8.45pm.
Firefighters had to rescue Ms Douglas.
Paramedic then had to restart her heart which had stopped due to the amount of smoke she had breathed in.
She was taken to West Suffolk Hospital but died on Tuesday.
A fire investigation is still ongoing but a spokesman has confirmed that items including an ashtray, cigarettes and a lighter were found near the seat of the fire.
An inquest into her death is due to open and close in Bury today.