A woman from Combs is warning pet owners in the village to be vigilant after a number of cats were poisoned.
Angela Mudd-Vagg, 34, has created posters warning people and businesses about the dangers of toxic poisoning after her five-year-old cat Mikey had to be put down.
Angela said she was desperate that no one else went through the same experience.
“He was such a lovely cat, he was so young,” she said.
“He was in so much pain.I just don’t want anyone to go through the same thing.”
Angela and her husband took Mikey to the vets in Stowmarket as he was sleepy, wasn’t eating and was dribbling from the mouth.
He was monitored for 48 hours but had to be put down on May 9.
The vet told them the poisoning may have been caused by anti-freeze which cats can be attracted to.
Since then, Angela has spoken with her neighbours who have also voiced concerns about missing or poisoned cats in the area.
She has reported the incidents to the police and the RSPCA.
“My next door neighbour told me she hasn’t seen her cat for a few months, another neighbour said three of her cats went missing.
“Talking to other people in the area, there is definitely an issue. It is just awful.”
In October, the Animal Health Trust alerted pet owners about the risks of anti-freeze poisoning.
It warned that a dangerous toxin found commonly in antifreeze, ethylene glycol, has a sweet taste that may appeal to cats and other animals.
Angela said she hoped her campaign would make people aware of the dangers to pets.
“If people do store stuff like anti-freeze they should try and keep it away from animals.
“There’s also the chance that people are putting it out deliberately as well.”