UPDATE: Chimney fire at Bury pub extinguished

Latest news from the Bury Free Press
Latest news from the Bury Free Press
0
Have your say

A chimney fire at the Plough Inn in Rede, Bury St Edmunds has been successfully extinguished.

Fire crews were called to the pub at about 12.40pm after reports a fire had started in the thatched building’s chimney.

Vehicles from Bury, Ipswich and Wickhambrook arrived at the scene minutes later and quickly extinguished the flames.

Staff at the pub said the fire had been small and they had called the fire service as a precaution because of the thatched roof.