An elderly Tuddenham couple were left without a phone line or internet connection for more than a fortnight after two telephone poles were knocked down on their road.
Doreen and Alan Fairclough, of Tuddenham Road, lost their phone line on March 3 after their line was taken out in a road traffic collision.
Eight days later another incident knocked out a second telephone pole, and both are yet to be repaired.
Doreen said she had to go to Lakenheath to use a friend’s internet and to the garage in Kentford to call BT to rectify the problem.
“It is very frustrating to say the least,” she said.
“We are pensioners and we are just completely isolated now. It feels like nobody cares.”
Mrs Fairclough said she had contacted BT every day following the first incident to ‘see what was going on’, but to no avail.
“I think we are the only ones on our line so I am the only one who has put in a complaint,” she said.
“It feels like we’re being neglected because we are the only ones so it doesn’t matter.”
Doreen, who has lived on the road for 20 years, said a pole was knocked down ‘near enough every year’.
“People use the road as a race track because it’s long and straight. The speed they come down here is ridiculous,” she said.
“Every time there is an accident and a pole goes down, we are the ones who suffer.”
A spokesman for BT said: “This fault was caused by two of our poles being knocked over on this route. Three properties lost service due to this.”
He said engineers had been on site and the service was restored to the properties on Wednesday, adding: “We will need to come back to put in two poles and associated overhead wires at a later date.”