An air cadets group, which was suspended by the RAF, will be reopening in less than two weeks time.
In May, activity at the popular 863 ATC squadron was suspended after a breakdown in communications between the civilian committee and uniformed officers.
The situation improved after parents of cadets formed a sub-committee in an attempt to ‘open up channels of communication’.
This week the Bury Free Press can reveal that the organisation will be up and running again by August 19.
A spokesman for the Air Cadet Organisation said proposals to support the squadron, by a group of willing volunteers from the local community, had been accepted by the ACO and a ‘sustainable partnership’ had been established to allow activities to resume.
The Regional Commandant, Group Captain Geoff Hewett, said: “I am delighted to announce the reopening of the squadron and hope that it will soon be a thriving unit delivering the air cadet experience to the young men and women of Thurston and the surrounding area.”