A FIRE investigation has begun after more than 40 people were evacuated and a road shut down due to a fire this morning.
The blaze began in a double garage on Fir Road near the A134 in Mundford at around 8am.
On arrival, fire crews found 20 cylinders of propane near the scene and evacuated 40 residents from nearby houses. A small lorry was involved in the incident.
The A134 was also closed, with it due to reopen this afternoon.
Despite the blaze being extinguished before midday, fire crews were still on scene at 1pm as they tried to cool down the propane cylinders.
Six fire crews from Norfolk and Suffolk were called to the scene in total. A fire investigation is now underway.