Metcalfe Arms hit by roof fire

0
Have your say

THE family owned Metcalfe Arms at Hawstead will be closed today following a roof fire caused by an electrical fault.

Manager Amanda Sadler: “We certainly won’t be open for business this evening. It’s too early to say what damage has been done.”

She said the fire in the roof is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault but it had left upper rooms of the family owned 17th century pub waterlogged with water dripping into the bars.

She asked customers to check with the pub before travelling. Call 01284 388648.

Firecrews searched the building wearing breathing apparatus because it was thought Amanda and her daughter, landlady Sarah Sadler, were inside.

For a full story and picture, see Friday’s Bury Free Press.