DCSIMG

Travellers on car park in Bury St Edmunds told to move on

A notice to quit is today due to be served on travellers who have been in St Andrew’s Street North car park in Bury St Edmunds.

St Edmundsbury Borough Council will start court action if they are not gone by Monday.

Cllr David Nettleton has said the travellers are costing the council £60 a day by taking up car parking spaces and there is concern they could impact on the Christmas Fayre if they are not removed by the end of next week.

“My electors are irrate,” said Cllr David Nettleton who said residents were being disturbed by the noise from generators at night.

The travellers arrived on the site on Monday having previously been pitched at Ram Meadow.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news