DCSIMG

Songwriting contest launches today

Frett (Elliot Buckle, left, and Simon Lucas-Hughes, right) are headlining the final of the Bury Songwriters Competition

Frett (Elliot Buckle, left, and Simon Lucas-Hughes, right) are headlining the final of the Bury Songwriters Competition

The search for Suffolk’s best songsmith begins today as the Bury Songwriters Competition kicks off its seventh year.

Registration is under way for the popular competition which aims to uncover the cream of new songwriting talent.

A series of six heats begin on April 2 at Oakes Barn Free House in Bury with a grand final at the Hunter Club on May 16 - part of the Bury Festival’s line-up for the fourth year running.

Event organiser Neil Rayson said the competition has been growing every year.

He said: “The ethos is to encourage people out of the bedroom and on to the stage.

“The competition is different from other music competitions as it is all about the songwriting.

“There are no limitations to who enters, it is open to all ages and all musical genres and styles.”

Last year’s winners The Wilsons are returning to perform at the competition’s final as well as Frett, the new band of 2011 winner Simon Lucas-Hughes

The winner of the competition will receive £100 of vouchers for Soundsplus, a day in the Shrubbery Recording Studio and management advice from Joe Weaver from Toonteen Industries.

If you would like to register for the competition click {http:\\www.peacefrogpromotions.wix.com/bsc2013|here|click here}

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page