Crews were kept busy on Saturday with a chimney fire in Stowupland and a house fire in Bury St Edmunds.
Fire engines from Stowmarket, Needham Market, Elmswell and Ipswich East were called to a chimney fire at a property with a thatch roof in Church Road, Stowupland, at around 9.35am.
The aerial ladder from Ipswich East also attended.
Initial investigations found a fire inside the flue of the wood burner so crews gained access using a ladder and ‘working at height’ equipment.
They used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and a thermal image camera to check for further hot spots.
Two crews remained at the scene to make sure the fire was completely extinguished and the incident was closed with all engines back at base stations by about 11.35am.
Shortly before 8pm, firefighters from Bury were called a house fire in Euston Close, Bury.
They arrived to find a fire on the ground floor of the property and used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and one covering jet to bring the incident under control.
All crews were back at base by about 11.20pm.